Thursday, January 28, 2010

Some Blogger I Am!

Well, howdy once again! I know it's been a few months since I've graced this site with my randomness, but I'm here now and you can all just chillax. Things up here have been progressing day to day, inch by inch. Spring semester has started and it's going to be a relatively easy one. My anthropology professor is helping out in Haiti right now, so I won't be seeing her for a few weeks. Though I like the lady, I like not driving to Eagle River for her class even more.

Let's see, work is fine. I am bartending a few days a week and serving still. Sometimes I am in roomservice, so I sit around and wait for people that are too lazy to come down to the restaurant to call and order something. I'm not complaining though because that's an automatic 21% gratuity (thank you, lazy people).

Today was a warm day! I think the temperature got up to about 34 degrees F. Snow and ice have begun to melt, only to freeze again over night. I'm also starting to notice that the days are getting longer. There is still a little bit of light outside at 5pm, when just a few weeks ago the sun was setting at 3:30pm and rising at 10:03am!

Wiley and I took a little drive down the Seward Highway past Beluga Point. I realize this means nothing to most of you. Driving south on the Seward Highway will eventually get you to the Kenai Peninsula where Homer and well, Kenai, are located. It's a gorgeous drive and even that is an understatement.

This summer, we're going up to Denali to work at a remote resort. Our best friend, Colin, is coming too. I'm very much looking forward to bartending up there because that means major money for the ol' bank account and an amazing experience to boot! We can potentially make so much money up there, we won't have to work until it's time to go back. How lucky we are to have landed such a job! Most of the people we'll be serving have saved their whole lives to take this trip and there we'll be getting paid to see the same things! I'll be sure to keep you folks updated from Denali (if they have internet).

It was cloudy here in Anchorage today. That means we couldn't see Mt. McKinley (sometimes that's the highlight of my day; driving over the Tudor overpass and looking north just to see the mammoth mountain off in the distance. Even from 160 miles away Mt. McKinley trumps the other mountains. And it occurred to me the other day that we can only see the tip of it from Anchorage! I can't wait to see the entire thing.)

Okay folks, I'm going to end this one here and maybe I'll see you here again in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment